CENTREVILLE, Va. (WUSA) -- Fairfax County Fire officials say that the fire at a townhouse in the West Centreville area early on Thursday morning was accidental.
Firefighters who responded to the townhouse in the 14400 block of Salisbury Plain Court at approximately 12:05 a.m. saw fire and smoke coming from it. Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes.
Smoke alarms allowed a woman to escape from the fire unharmed, but two birds and a cat died in the fire.
Officials say the fire damage is estimated at $50,000.
Officials have determined that the fire was due to an electrical anomaly in a light fixture in a bedroom.